New HomeNew About MeNew TutorialsNew Peachy Things

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Where have you been?

So, we've been a little quiet on the blog, not for want of topics or wish to blog.  Summer is kinda busy and I went back to my real job that actually pays money, so I've done less sewing and more not-as-fun working.  Don't get me wrong--if I have to work, then I love my job.  I still don't get why someone won't pay me to sit around and eat bon bons while simultaneously sewing and surfing Pinterest.  Just being real.

So, here's what you missed while I was out.

This little boy turned 7.  I make no bones about the fact that he has my heart and just won't let go.  There's just something about Mamas and their little boys.  He's had a good summer, including our first scare with a broken bone.  He took a spill from the monkey bars and fell with his arm under him.  The Lord graciously kept me calm (I was out of town with just the kids) while we decided via phone with Daddy what was the best course of action.  Turns out it was a sprain and we are back to full speed.  It's funny how when my heart is pounding from sheer terror when it comes to my kids, a wave of utter Shalom washes over me and we can just get it done.  I'm not usually the calmest person out there, so this is a gift from God and I am so thankful for it.

 Bobby and I celebrated 12 years of marriage.  What a joy.  It is such a delight to look at him and realize that we are doing what we pledged to do 12 years ago--loving each other through thick and thin.  There is such a deep friendship between us that grows with each day.  Of course, marriage is work and there are things that he does that drive me to new degrees of crazy.  But, then again, I do things that are pretty tough to live with too.  We give each other grace and let the petty things go.  I am so very thankful for him.

And lastly, we bought a new van.  Not a new to us van, but a brand spanking new one.  My Honda spent more time in the shop than I liked.  I mean, have you ever had to take a van to the shop, transfer 3 kid seats from the van to a rental (all the while ensuring someone isn't running through the parking lot or climbing up the lifts) only to have to swap them back in a day or two?  6 visits to the shop in 1.5 years and I was o-ver it.  So, to get into a new van I had to give up a few things (like my beloved seat heater) but I put the key in the ignition and don't worry about whether or not it's gonna start.  I am very happy.  I went to cloth seats, which my snobby self had always looked down upon, but, we have all agreed that it is nice not to stick to the seat in the dead of summer.  I kinda like the change.

I actually have photos made for a tutorial--I just have to clean them up a bit and do the instructions.  It's a 30 minute project, so I'm certain the write up will take me like 4 years.



This was my favorite of all the wedding photos.  Bob put his arm around me as we were walking off--it is so very much how we are and how we walk together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!