New HomeNew About MeNew TutorialsNew Peachy Things

Friday, October 12, 2012

Turtle Man PJ Pants--KCWC Day 5




Day 4 draws to a close and I decided it was time to do something for The Boy.  He's the light of my world, that Boy.  He's got my hubs personality (and I married him), so needless to say, I think the Boy's great.  A greater ham has never been.
 
This Boy is obsessed with boyish animals.  Snakes.  Lizards.  Frogs.  Alligators.  Deer.  Rabbits.  Squirrels.  Something that either horrifies Mama or can be shot and consumed, though not by him.  He's Chicken Nuggets all the way.  Anyhoo, he loves the show the Call of the Wildman.  His best bud told his mother recently that he didn't need to go to school, he was going to grow up to the the Turtle Man.  My Boy shares his sentiments.
 
So, at the horrific trip to Hancock's, when Zuzu was BAD and I was mortified, I let him pick out his own fabric for PJ pants.  This fabric had to be it.  It is like 1/4 inch thick and made of spandex and polyester.  I kid you not.  But, it was on clearance, and, I asked.
 
I took a McCall's pattern and laid out the current favorite pj pants on top and adjusted so they'd fit well.  We're a bit on the small side for 6.  Astonishingly, that worked great.  These jokers fit snug but with enough room to grow for a while.  Snaps for me.
 
I let him pick the cuff color--he chose green, which is what I would have chosen.  Told ya I love this boy.
 
 
 
When it came time to take pics, I put him in the photo corner and let him be him.  None of these were coached.  He told me he needed to do one where he was holding up his snake.  I picmonkey'ed the snake in.  There is no way a snake is coming in my house and living to be held. 
 
Of course, he must show his muscles.
 
 
Maybe when I have recovered from a week of sewing, I'll whip up a shirt to coordinate--like a green shirt with a snake inset on the chest.  Believe it or not, I'm sick of sewing.  I can't sleep because I'm wondering what I should sew tomorrow.  Sunday can't get here soon enough and yet I refuse to quit!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!