New HomeNew About MeNew TutorialsNew Peachy Things

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Boo-tiful Dress KCWC Day 4

Are we done yet?  It is 11:58 CST and I am limping to the finish line on this one.  I bought the girls these dresses umm, shirts, on major clearance at Target last year.  Zuzu was like 6 months old.  Hard to believe.  I was just going to pair them with jeans but then I got the idea to make dresses and leggings.  The leggings are gonna have to wait...




I actually like the fabric combo this time.  Who can mess up Halloween colors?  I had another band of fabric on the bottom--a cute pink leopard print that was funky but right.  Then I realized that it would be a pencil dress reaching way past the baby's knees which is probably not the best idea for a newish walker.  So, it was to the couch, seam ripper in hand, to watch the agony called the Vice Presidential Debate.  As is usual with me, a quick and simple project took forever. I did exposed seams--maybe not correctly, but they look ok to me. Supposed to be a mess, right?  Let me assure you, they aren't fun to get out.


I also added a little length to the sleeve, hoping that the 18 month shirt would be okay.



 Check out the new labels.


PS...Hancock Fabric has cotton interlock for 50% off.  Do not be tempted to take your 16 month old with you to the store.  She will be very, very bad.  You will mistakenly buy lots of jersey, which, while cute, is only 30% off.
 
PSS...Have you ever seen anything as cute as this???
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!