New HomeNew About MeNew TutorialsNew Peachy Things

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Lettuce Love--KCWC Day 6

 
We are coming down the home stretch of KCWC!  I had a much different dress in mind for my LJ today.  I have a very cute sleeveless sweater that has wood beading on the front that is a wee bit small for Moi (I did buy it before the 3 kids/pregnancies).  I put it on her and was happily marking away where I was going to take it in when she impudently informed me she wasn't gonna wear that because it was too scratchy.  Okay then.
 
My next choice was another refashion using another pre-kid sleeveless shirt, but it was a little bit too small and I wasn't loving it.
 
The third runner up was this buggy-flower knit I bought 4 years ago on-line from JoAnn's.  It has been sitting on my fabric stash, passed over almost every time because I wasn't too crazy about it.  It is a great interlock and really nice fabric--I just couldn't see it.  After a quick consultation with the Pinteretsy muses, I was ready.
 
I am in love with a lettuce edge.  Mostly it is because I hate hemming knits and it is so darn easy.  Or, it would be if I owned a serger.  I do not.  My hubs bought me Nina (the Bernina) 3 years ago and rudely informed me that 'This machine better sew the clothes for you.'  I promised it would and then I took up sewing primarily knits.  Granted, Nina is great, but I just want more.  He about choked a few nights ago when I told him I wanted to bundle my birthday/Christmas money and find a good serger (with perhaps a little monetary assistance from The Stash).
 
During my consultation, I saw this lettuce join and knew I had to try it.  Love it.
 




I rigged the back closure.  It was supposed to be a zipper, according to Simplicity.  They didn't get the memo that I don't do zippers.  Next time, and there will be a next time with this easy pattern, I'll just cut the back on the fold and we'll pull it over our head.

I now have a to do list for after KCWC which includes:  a mermaid costume, a Turtle Man jammie top, several pairs of leggings, and a bow for the front of this dress.  I just.  can't.  do.  it.

Think I can finish with a bang?














No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!