New HomeNew About MeNew TutorialsNew Peachy Things

Friday, August 28, 2015

And it begins again...


School has started.  We dragged ourselves from the beach to the school table.  What was I thinking? 

To recap the summer:  

Aubrey played All Stars again.  It was a great summer.  The team was full of precious boys and we enjoyed the families immensely.  Daddy helped coach.  Yep, the girls go some Mama made outfits again.


Right before we left for the beach, gymnastics started.  I do believe it is the cutest thing I have ever seen.  Little girls in leotards.  Priceless.


Then we had a few short weeks and then we were off to the beach.  After too few days with our toes in the water, it was time to come home.

One thing to note from the summer is my conquering of the house.  I mean, friends, I had it going on.  The house was tidy and we had clean bathrooms and fresh sheets, as well as dusted and swept and mostly mopped surfaces.  I mastered the art of one load a day laundry and my laundry room was empty (thanks to my big sister coming to town and unearthing the folding table for me.  I only kept it up).  It was heaven.  If you get on such a roll and want to continue it, do NOT, and I repeat, do NOT plan a beach trip returning the day before you start homeschool.  Just don't.  You will be half way through your beach novel and stay up half the night to finish it.  Yep.  Don't.

So, Monday dawned all too early with mess everywhere, half planned lessons, and kids who did not want to be there.  

This girl is home with me this year too.  Bookending 2.5 rushed hours of dedicated big kid school with half and hour trips to preschool was just too hard.  Mommy preschool, while less traumatic than waving bye to Mom at preschool, is much less fun.  I'm hoping to improve that situation soon.
My LJ has retained a good deal of what we learned last year, so I have been able to hit the ground running with her.  She's a little perfectionist like her mama, so we get along pretty well.  On a side note, I just pulled her third tooth about 30 minutes ago.  I throw up a little inside every time I have to do it, but she won't let Daddy near her wiggly teeth--I don't know why; I'm way less gentle about such things.

This boy, this boy--he's grown up a lot.  We are able to do so much and I'm letting him learn a little more independently this year.  Teaching Textbooks are the bomb dot com, let me tell you.

As I sit here, my house is relatively tidy, I mean, my bed is made--that's something.  My laundry room is only partially gone, so there's hope.  The real issue is that I'm pooped.  Emotionally gone.  Having to play mama, teacher, disciplinarian, chef, maid, and cheerleader/spotter/coach/referee all day is just hard.  I did get the sheets changed per schedule on Monday, but that was it.  I'm hoping to take baby steps and be in the full swing of being large and in charge by mid September.  

So, if I can manage it, I'll share how I set up my home made planner this year as well as some of the things I have planned for CC.  

Pray for us friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!