New HomeNew About MeNew TutorialsNew Peachy Things

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Using Ready-Mades

I'll be the first to admit, I love/hate the change of the seasons.  I love the change and I hate updating wardrobes.  (looks to see if anyone was listening).  I feel all of this self-imposed pressure to sew everything for the girls. *laughs*  That's what happens when you are a blog junkie!

I went to Target because, literally, all of LJ's dresses were above the knee and shrinking quickly.  That little girl is a weed.  I found some separates that I really liked (more importantly, she liked) but there was a top but not bottom or vicey versey.  Enter Mama's sewing skills.


Peeps, you have hit the jackpot here.  You get two, I mean 2 whole photos of this little project.  You will just have to use your imagination.  I got LJ a teal shirt with sparkly silver hearts and some leggings that went with.

About 2 months back I made the 2 hour drive to my nearest Jo-Ann's fabric and spent way too much time and money there.  One of my little scores was a remnant of a dark teal knit.  Not the best knit, but it was less than $1?   I could see it as a little mini skirt to go along with the leggings I bought. 

I measured my sweetie and laid out the new leggings on some freezer paper to get a general shape.  Here's a laugh for you--in trying to make the back piece roomy enough for the booty I cut the back in a v instead of an inverted v.  Oops.

I whipped together my little skirt and embellished with a heart made from buttons.  I got a few on that Jo-Ann's trip and some were hoarded buttons from Pick Your Plum.  I used an idea from Pinterest to glitter up some of the buttons--you know the one with the glitter and ModPodge?  Yeah, it didn't come out so good for me.  That may be one of the byproducts of not reading the directions.

So, here's the finished result..
love ya'll



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!