New HomeNew About MeNew TutorialsNew Peachy Things

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Joy Dare



So a few months back my stepmother sent me a book, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  This book will rock your world in a good way--no, in a great way.  I haven't even made it all the way through it because it takes me a while to digest it.  (that and my reading time is in carpool line and my time in carpool line the entire month of Christmas was consumed with surviving Christmas)  I quickly subscribed to Ann's blog feed and truly enjoy the simple she brings to my life.

She issues a Joy Dare every year--to count 1000 things that make you happy.  Sounds like a simple enough thing, but when you start to think about the minute things in your day that bring a smile, it really starts to add up.  Folding socks (a chore I usually grump my way through) I started pondering the miles little feet had run in them and I was thankful for the little socks to fold.  And so it began.

I do not want to regret 2013 and a great way to start that is by focusing on the happy things in my world, and let me assure you, there are many.  I'll add a link in my header so it will be out there for the world to enjoy.

Peaches, would you join me in my Joy Dare?

For more information and for a blog that will change your world, please go visit Ann Voskamp at http://www.aholyexperience.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!